10 Real Estate Facts That Will Make You Think
The real estate industry fluctuates so often and has been around for so long that some interesting facts and statistics come out over time. Here are 10 facts that will make you think, and will also make you sound smart at your next dinner party.
- The White House is valued at $110 million dollars and has a full-sized bowling alley inside of it.
- In the United States, there are 5 times as many vacant houses as there are homeless people
- To try to combat this, Utah has been giving free homes to the homeless since 2005. This has cut chronic homelessness by 74%
- The famous Las Vegas strip is not even located in Las Vegas. To avoid property taxes, it is in its own city known as “Paradise,” which is completely surrounded by Las Vegas.
- There’s a realtor who will sell you an acre of property on the moon for less than $30
- In Japan, homes constantly depreciate in value. Per capita, there are nearly 4 times as many architects and twice as many construction workers in Japan compared to the US.
- In Orlando, FL, there is a community built on top of an old WWII bombing range. Residents have been finding old bombs there since 1998.
- In 2009, there were more foreclosures in the US than there were marriages.
- The typical home size in many developing countries is only 75 sq ft.
- The world’s largest treehouse has over 80 rooms, 10 floors, and took over 14 years to build.